Facts About Community Foundations
• 94 community foundations in Indiana hold combined assets of $1.7
• Nearly 700 community foundations in the United States hold combined
assets of more than $44 billion.
• Community foundations are the fastest growing organizations in the
field of philanthropy.
• Community foundations are a flexible, yet permanent collection of
funds supported by a wide range of donors.
• Community foundations allow donors to take the greatest tax deduction
allowed by law for their gifts.